(Scroll to the bottom for a list of my most recommended pre/post-care products)
- Exfoliate, (scrub the area with a scrub brush, face cloth or body scrub), cleanse and moisturize daily. Use only liquid soap!
- Make sure you are extra clean front & back right before your appointment. We recommend feminine wipes. <- This one is made specifically for women and is safe in the vulva area.
- Take an Ibuprofen or Tylenol 30- 45 minutes before your appointment if you’re worried about pain.
- Things that will cause you to be more sensitive at your wax: tiredness, close to your cycle, pregnancy, hangovers and too much caffeine. Try Numbing cream!
- Don’t wear tight panties, pants or leggings for the next few days. Try to wear all cotton with no lace.
- Keep hands away from touching freshly waxed skin, which can encourage irritation or small pimples.
- Opt for a shower and use a gentle wash on the area. We recommend SweetSpot Labs Wash Don’t take a hot bath or hot tub for the rest of the day.
- No tanning beds, saunas or steam rooms for the next two days.
- Short-term abstinence. Sexual activity should be avoided for at least 24 – 48 hours.
- Exfoliate. Every day just like the pre-care instructions
- Fight the bumps. If you get any ingrown hairs try Post wax soothing serum.
→How long will the area be red?
It should go away within two hours; however, clients who have sensitive skin may notice it takes up to a day. You can use a soothing cream to help get rid of the redness.
→How long will the results last?
First-time clients will notice the regrowth typically from 2 to 3 weeks. When you start to wax regularly on a schedule, the length of time between waxes will get longer, generally four to six weeks. After your fourth or fifth visit at 4-5 week regular intervals, all your hair will be in the same hair growth cycle and will be a good waxable length at the same time. After further appointments, You will start seeing the same effect as regular waxers.
→How can I prevent the pain?
The least painful time to wax is 5-14 days after your period. Do not drink coffee or alcohol before your waxing appointment. Take an ibuprofen 2 hours before your appointment. Apply a numbing spray or cream before your appointment.
→How can I prevent ingrown hairs?
See above in post-care!
→Will it hurt less the second time?
Yes, because the hair is growing back as new hair, it is softer and thinner and has a smaller root bulb.
→How often should I get a Brazilian wax?
In the first six months, I recommend every 4 weeks. After that, every 4 to 6 weeks, depending on your hair growth.
→Can I be waxed when pregnant?
Yes. There are no restrictions on waxing when pregnant, and we have lots of experience waxing pregnant ladies who come in right up to their due date.
→Can I wax during my period?
Yes. We ask that you use a fresh tampon or diva cup and are hygienically present before your appointment. Please also mention it to your technician.
→What is blood spotting?
Hairs in the Anagen (growing) stage of the hair growth cycle are all supplied by tiny blood vessels. When an Anagen hair is forcibly removed by waxing, a small amount of blood may travel up through the channel in the skin the hair was previously in.
→Can I shave if I have to?
You can, but it will cause the hair to grow thicker, and your next wax will be much more painful.
→Why do you use so many different types of wax?
Different types of hair need different types of wax.
→Is sugaring better than waxing?
You are pulling the hairs out by the roots with each method. The difference is that most wax are oil soluble, and most sugar is water-soluble. It’s a different technique with a different product. Like hair stylists, we use different products and procedures to remove hair.
→How can I get the best waxing results?
In the days leading up to your appointment, Moisturize and exfoliate!
→Do I have to trim before I come?
No. Don’t trim. Most people trim too much then the hair is too short to wax.
→Do I have to start a regular schedule for waxing?
No. To get the best results, you should start a regular regime before your vacation or big day; however, it’s unnecessary. It just means you won’t get a super smooth wax and might see regrowth after a week or 2.